Operation Khaos 2009- Present
Welcome to Operationkhaos.com

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, and as a result cannot view every section. If you wish to apply for membership to opK, please register and look for the application process at the top of the forums. Then follow the instructions listed within.

Thanks,

opK staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Operationkhaos.com

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, and as a result cannot view every section. If you wish to apply for membership to opK, please register and look for the application process at the top of the forums. Then follow the instructions listed within.

Thanks,

opK staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbuntu OS

4 posters

Go down

Unbuntu OS Empty Unbuntu OS

Post by Original-JC 10/29/2010, 11:07 am

Okay since i noticed some people have it, im just starting to use it, I figured a kinda of tip, tricks, n sugguestion thread would be cool for the Ubuntu Operating System.

If you dont know what Ubuntu to is, youtube it, all i can say is, if you have a super slow computer.. GET IT! it will make ur computer amazingly fast! oh and its FREE!

First off, what verison do you guys think is the best?
What are the best/coolest apps?
Any cool tricks?
Original-JC
Original-JC
opK Founder
opK Founder

Humor : SOCOM, NHL 11

http://www.operationkhaos.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Unbuntu OS Empty Re: Unbuntu OS

Post by hydrocat 10/29/2010, 11:40 am

I Liked having ubuntu on the school's macbook (I get a computer signed to me for years at a time because of my tech class and experience) the best part for me, was going through the process of partitioning my laptops HD and installing ubuntu on it. It's also a great black hat hacker OS. Because I do most of my tech work on a macbook, I never get the hacking benefit of cmdline, only the cheap knock off of terminal. (trying launching a DDOS attack from terminal) I get sick and tired of using the mac side so I use linux too Smile also for those who are interested, check out these variants of ubuntu-

Edubuntu- a GNOME-based subproject and add-on for Ubuntu, designed for school environments and home users.
Kubuntu- a desktop distribution using the KDE Software Compilation desktop environment rather than GNOME.
Mythbuntu- designed for creating a home theater PC with MythTV and uses the Xfce desktop environment.
Ubuntu Studio, a distribution made for professional video and audio editing, comes with higher-end free editing software and is a DVD .iso image unlike the live CD the other Ubuntu distributions use.
Xubuntu- a distribution based on the Xfce desktop environment instead of GNOME, designed to run more efficiently on low-specification computers.
hydrocat
hydrocat
opK Sergeant
opK Sergeant

Humor : MW2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Halo Reach,

http://www.wordpress.destrownage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RottenSkrog 12/26/2012, 1:55 pm

I really don't spend alot of time in Ubuntu. I have, but not anymore. I run mostly Fedora, they leave crap pretty stock and I like to tweak my own preferences. I also enjoy Gnome3 over Unity. I understand this is a pretty old post, but as of late Canonicle has been doing some stuff to the Unity Dash that is fucked, like Amazon and shopping lenses (as of 12.10 I believe). 12.04 was pretty stable and didn't have the shopping lense non-sense. I would probably recommend Mint myself, as they really polish a distro, call it the Mac of the Linux world, and it is based on Ubuntu (without Unity.) Either way spend sometime looking into privacy and find the tools to change Ubuntu stock privacy if that is a concern for you, even with Mint you will have to manually configure preferences to avoid sending information to Ubuntu and Canonicle, although most of it is just bug reports ect.

RottenSkrog
RottenSkrog
opK post Vet
opK post Vet

Humor : Um. . . What?

Back to top Go down

Post by MEATBALLS 12/28/2012, 9:09 pm

what he said ^
MEATBALLS
MEATBALLS
Admin/Leader